Home > About
Southeast Technical Institute is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602-2504, 312.263.0456.
Southeast Tech was officially accepted into the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) AQIP process for accreditation December 2006. AQIP stands for the Academic Quality Improvement Program (http://www.hlcommission.org/).
AQIP is a process through which an already-accredited institution can maintain accreditation through a series of activities over an eight year period: comprehensive institutional self-assessment with external review; strategy forum collaboration with other institutions; action projects and HLC peer action project review; annual update report on projects; systems portfolio and HLC peer review of systems portfolio; comprehensive quality review site visit; and reaffirmation of accreditation. The following cycle represents an institution’s activities:
- Every year: Action Projects and Action Project Updates and Reviews
- Twice within 8 year cycle: Systems Portfolio and Systems Appraisal, Strategy Forum
- Year 7: Federal Compliance Review
- Year 8: Comprehensive Quality Review and Reaffirmation of Accreditation
For more information about Continuous Quality click here.
The South Dakota Board of Education has approved Southeast Tech to grant the associate of applied science degree, diplomas, and certificates.
Many Southeast Tech programs maintain specialized accreditations
Some of these include:
- Automotive Technology, Collision Repair Technology, and Diesel Technology programs are certified as Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) programs by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF).
- Cardiac Ultrasound, Vascular Ultrasound, Invasive Cardiovascular, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Electroneurodiagnostic Technology, and Surgical Technology programs are accredited by CAAHEP, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
- Nuclear Medicine Technology is accredited by JRCNMT- Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology.
- Licensed Practical Nursing has full approval status from the South Dakota Board of Nursing.
- LPN to RN, AAS program has full approval status from the South Dakota Board of Nursing.
South Dakota Board of Nursing
4305 S Louise Ave, Suite 201
Sioux Falls, SD 57106-3315
- LPN to RN, AAS program is accredited by ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
- Law Enforcement is approved by the Law Enforcement Officer and Training Commission.
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration is accredited through the HVAC Excellence Accreditation program.
- Pharmacy Technician program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
- Phlebotomy Technician program is accredited by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP).