Business Administration Program Adjunct Instructor
Areas of Instruction:
General Business Courses to include: Introduction to Business, Business Communications, Supervisory Management, Personal Finance, Business Law, Small Business Entrepreneurship
Course Schedules Available: Day course schedules available. Fall 2015 Semester begins August 24. Available the final week of July for systems training and general information session.
Salary: Paid in equal lump sum payments over the semester. Classroom lecture is $900 per credit hour. Lab (if applicable) is $600 per credit hour. The average classroom lecture is 3 credit hours, and the average lab is 2 credit hours.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Utilizes teaching techniques consistent with area of instruction and program objectives that may include simulation, technology, and knowledge of best practices.
- Establishes a high degree of student/instructor rapport and builds good interpersonal relationships with colleagues.
- Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting to ensure maximum student motivation.
- Coordinates the operations, necessary equipment, and instructional materials to ensure that classroom is properly equipped and staffed for student instruction.
- Prepares and furnishes reports required for STI administration, supervisors, and student progress.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in Business-related degrees.
- Three years' work experience in Business field required.
- Teaching and online/hybrid course delivery experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite and technologies relative to the Business field.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and quickly learn new technology relative to campus software systems (grading, intranet, etc.).
Application materials needed for this position:
- Online Employment Application including professional references
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Copies of academic transcripts and certifications-if applicable for position
Apply online here.
Posting Date: June 26, 2015
Last Day/Time to apply for this position: 5pm on July 13, 2015. EOE.