Electronics Technology Program Adjunct Instructor
Areas of Instruction:
Teach basic electronics to networking students.
Course Schedules Available: Day and evening sections available. Fall, 2015 Semester begins August 24. Available the final week of July for systems training and general information.
Salary: Paid in equal lump sum payments over the semester. Classroom lecture is $900 per unit hour. Lab (if applicable) is $720 per unit hour. The average classroom lecture is 1 unit hour per credit hour, and the average lab is 2 unit hours per credit hour.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Utilizes teaching techniques consistent with area of instruction and program objectives that may include simulation, technology, and knowledge of best practices.
- Establishes a high degree of student/instructor rapport and builds good interpersonal relationships with colleagues.
- Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting to ensure maximum student motivation.
- Coordinates the operations, necessary equipment, and instructional materials to ensure that classroom is properly equipped and staffed for student instruction.
- Prepares and furnishes reports required for STI administration, supervisors, and student progress.
- AAS in Electronics, Networking, or related degree required.
- Three years of industry experience in Electronics or Networking related field required.
- Ability to teach students how to apply knowledge of basic electronics concepts and applications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite and technologies relative to the Electronics field. Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and quickly learn new technology relative to campus software systems (grading, intranet, etc.).
Application materials needed for this position:
- Online Employment Application including professional references
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Copies of academic transcripts and certifications
Apply online here.
Posting Date: June 26, 2015
Last Day/Time to apply for this position: 5pm on July 13, 2015. EOE.