Electronics Technology Program Adjunct Instructor
Areas of Instruction:
Basic Electronics for Networking Program Students – Hands on course designed to provide computer networking students the background and foundational knowledge of electronics, and its relation to the computing field. Course topics include AC/DC voltage, current, resistance, frequency, analog signals, electronic components, safety, wire/cabling specifications, power supplies, PoE, power calculations, and digital signals.
Course Schedules Available: Day schedules available. Fall 2014 Semester begins August 25. Availability before semester begins for systems training and general information session.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Utilizes teaching techniques consistent with area of instruction and program objectives that may include simulation, technology, and knowledge of best practices.
- Establishes a high degree of student/instructor rapport and builds good interpersonal relationships with colleagues.
- Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting to ensure maximum student motivation.
- Coordinates the operations, necessary equipment, and instructional materials to ensure that classroom is properly equipped and staffed for student instruction.
- Prepares and furnishes reports required for STI administration, supervisors, and student progress.
- AAS in Electronics, Networking, or related degree required.
- Three years of industry experience in Electronics or Networking related field required.
- Ability to teach students how to apply knowledge of basic electronics concepts and applications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite and technologies relative to the Electronics field. Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and quickly learn new technology relative to campus software systems (grading, intranet, etc.).
Application materials needed for this position:
- Online Employment Application including professional references
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Copies of academic transcripts and certifications
Apply online here.
Position open until filled. EOE