Law Enforcement Program Adjunct Instructor, Fall Semester 2014
Area(s) of Instruction: Accident Investigation Course. Prepares students in skills necessary to investigate traffic accidents. Teach skills to include pre-to-post crash factors, calculate speeds, and measure accident scenes.
Course Schedules Available: Day sections available. Fall, 2015 Semester begins August 24. Availability before semester begins for systems training and general information session.
Salary: Paid in equal lump sum payments over the semester. Classroom lecture is $900 per unit hour. Lab (if applicable) is $720 per unit hour. The average classroom lecture is 1 unit hour per credit hour, and average lab is 2 unit hours per credit hour.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Utilize teaching techniques consistent with area of instruction and program objectives that may include simulation, technology, and knowledge of best practices.
- Establish a high degree of student/instructor rapport and builds good interpersonal relationships with colleagues.
- Maintain a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting to ensure maximum student motivation.
- Coordinate the operations, necessary equipment, and instructional materials to ensure that classroom is properly equipped and staffed for student instruction.
- Prepare and furnish reports required for STI administration, supervisors, and student progress.
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred Law Enforcement-related degrees.
- Five years of progressive experience in traffic crash investigation required.
- Advanced Traffic Crash Investigation certification required, Advanced Reconstructionist certification preferred.
- Familiar with South Dakota Law Enforcement training and standards crash investigation methodology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite and technologies relative to the Law Enforcement field.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and quickly learn new technology relative to campus software systems (grading, intranet, etc.).
Apply online here.
Posting Date: June 26, 2015
Last Day/Time to apply for this position: 5pm on July 13, 2015. EOE.