Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program Instructor
Full Time Contract (July-June)
This position will provide instruction for Southeast Tech’s Nursing Program and clinical training that prepares healthcare students for entry-level positions. This individual will also continually assess and enhance the program according to the educational standards of Southeast Tech and its accrediting bodies.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develop and teach competency-based curriculum to provide classroom theory, laboratory, and real world experience to prepare nursing students for entry-level positions.
- Participate in the assessment process of the institution.
- Utilize effective teaching techniques to promote academic achievement.
- Build good interpersonal relationships, establish positive rapport with students and colleagues.
- Establish student success as a primary teaching goal and provide opportunities for all students to experience success.
- Establish a positive learning environment promote student success as a primary teaching goal.
- Participate in institutional committees and team/program committees.
- Ability to utilize STI's internal Learning Management System to deliver courses that may include traditional, hybrid, online, evening or week-end format.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) and current licensure as a Registered Nurse in South Dakota required.
- Three years relevant clinical work experience required, within the last 5 years.
- Post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows.
- Work schedule is July through June
- Flexibility to work Evening/Saturday hours with some 12 hour shifts
- Some travel required
Application materials needed for this position:
- Online Employment Application including professional references
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Copies of academic transcripts and RN license
Application review begins April 22, 2013. Position open until filled. EOE.
Apply online here.