Home > Admissions
Our goal in Admissions is to make sure your questions are answered, your experience is memorable, and you are confident in the career path you've chosen. If you need some help deciding which major is the best fit, take our Career Exploration Assessment or talk with one of our Admissions Specialists below.
Ready to begin your journey? Just follow these 7 easy steps to enroll!
- Complete an Application for Admission. Southeast Tech accepts high school graduates or students over the age of 16 with a completed GED.
- Apply for financial aid by filling out the free FAFSA application at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Head over to the Financial Aid page for an extensive list of financial FAQs to answer any questions you may have.
- Request your official high school/college transcript or GED certificate be sent to Southeast Tech. If your high school records are listed under a different name, have the high school place your current name on the transcript. Still in high school? No worries, send us your partial transcript for now, and we’ll request an official one once you’ve graduated. Download the High School/College Transcript Form.
- Send in your ACT scores or talk to your Admissions Specialist about taking the Accuplacer exam.
- Complete any additional program requirements for your major.
- After acceptance to Southeast Tech, submit your immunization information. Information about immunizations can be found here. If you are not able to receive the required MMR immunizations due to medical or religious reasons, you may choose to complete the Exemption Form and return it to the Admission Office.
- Once you’re accepted, register for an Academic Advisement and Registration event to get enrolled in your classes, meet your advisors, get your official Student ID card, and learn about the different student activities and resources available to our students!
Have questions for the Business Office or another department? Find Student Resources here.
Additional Enrollment Information
Meet Your Admissions Specialist
As one of the first people you meet, the Admissions staff will become your advocate during your college selection and enrollment process. Your Admissions Specialist can answer your questions about applying to Southeast Tech, campus life, and more!
Scott has been with Southeast Tech since 1999 serving as a High School Recruiter. His territory has encompassed eastern South Dakota, northwest Iowa, southwest Minnesota, southeast North Dakota and northeast Nebraska. Most recently, he has expanded his territory to include the entire state of South Dakota. He also helps coordinate Visitation Days and serves on Southeast Tech's Scholarship Committee. The program areas Scott specializes in are:
• Electronics Technology
• Engineering Technology Programs
• Horticulture Programs
• Information Technology Programs
• Industrial Programs
• Law Enforcement Science
• Mechatronics Technology
• Transportation Programs
To contact Scott, email Scott.Dorman@southeasttech.edu or call 605.367.4458.
Shannon is an Admissions Specialist and Recruiter for Southeast Tech. You will find her traveling in southwest Minnesota and northeast South Dakota. She can help students interested in any program, but specializes in these programs:
• Digital Media Production Technology
• Graphic Media Design Technology
• Healthcare Leadership
• Healthcare Office Specialist
• Licensed Practical Nursing
• Medical Coding
• Pharmacy Technician
• Phlebotomy/Patient Care Technician
• Registered Nurse
• Surgical Technology
To contact Shannon, email Shannon.Furth@southeasttech.edu or call 605.367.5758.
Jacque has worked at Southeast Tech since 2005. The program areas that Jacque specializes in are:
• Business Programs
• Cardiac Ultrasound Technology
• Diagnostic Medical Sonography
• Early Childhood
• ElectroNeuroDiagnostic Technology
• Invasive Cardiovascular Technology
• Vascular Ultrasound Technology
To contact Jacque, email Jacque.Danielson@southeasttech.edu or call 605.367.4456.