The Early Childhood Specialist program provides graduates with a background for working with children in childcare centers, public and private school early childhood programs, preschools, Head Start programs or private childcare centers. Emphasis is placed on the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of young children.
Background checks and drug screenings are required for this program. For more information please see Additional Program Requirements.
View Early Childhood Specialist Curriculum
View Early Childhood Specialist Program Guide
Southeast Tech’s Early Childhood Specialist degree is accepted for credit towards a bachelor’s degree at these universities:
University of Sioux Falls: Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
Bellevue University: Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Program Management
- Can be completed in 5 semesters!
- Total of 63 Southeast Tech credits accepted towards BS in Elementary Education
- Southeast Tech Early Childhood Specialist graduates are accepted at the University of Sioux Falls as Juniors
- Classes for Elementary Education are held on the USF campus
- Upon acceptance to the Fredrikson School of Education at USF, Southeast Tech Early Childhood Specialist graduates may complete their BS in Elementary Education in as little as five semesters
- Can be completed in 12 months!
- All 66 Southeast Tech credits from the AAS Early Childhood Specialist degree are accepted towards a BS in Early Childhood Program Management
- Southeast Tech Early Childhood Specialist graduates are accepted at Bellevue University as Juniors
- Classes for Early Childhood Program Management are taught both online and on campus. Students may choose either option:
- Cohorts with at least eight students may attend Bellevue classes on the Southeast Tech campus or at another convenient location
- Individuals may take all Bellevue classes online
- Upon acceptance to Bellevue University’s Early Childhood Program Management program, Southeast Tech Early Childhood Specialist graduates may complete their Bachelor of Science degree in as little as 12 months