Life in Sioux Falls – Young, Urban, Exciting!
Sioux Falls is known for its urban flair and upbeat friendliness as well as consistently being chosen as one of America’s best places to live and work. It’s also a great place to go to school and meet new life-long friends. And because it has a vibrant economy it's a great place to work during school and after! With a metro population of 228,261 Sioux Falls is South Dakota's largest city.
Get in on the Fun!
- Jam out at small and large concerts – the Denny Sanford Premier Center opens fall 2014
- Rated #1 Forbes best place for business and careers
- Enjoy a night out on the town at 540+ restaurants
- Exercise on 22 miles of paved bike trails
- Cheer on 4 semi-pro teams, including Canaries baseball, Skyforce basketball, Stampede hockey and Storm football
- Explore your cultural side with museums and art performances
- Shop until you drop at South Dakota's largest mall
Sioux Falls is a Great Place to be... Just Ask Around
- 3rd Safest Driving City in America: Allstate
- 1 of 7 Enterprising Cities: U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Cities Where Everyone Has Jobs: 24/7 Wall St.
- 9th Strongest Economy in the United States: Policom.com
- 2013 Google eCity Award: Google
- All Around Healthiest City: Prevention.com
- Top 10 Minor League Market: Sports Business Journal
- 5th Best City for Early Retirement: Kiplinger
- 16th Most Productive Metro: Martin Prosperity Institute
- Top 10 Emerging Tech Hub: Techie.com
- 8th Best Mid-Sized Cities To Move To: Movoto Blog
- Top 20 Best Performing Small City: Milken Institute