Home > About
> Resources for Veterans
Resources for Veterans
Southeast Tech is committed to creating sustainable and meaningful benefits for the military community. In addition to offering financial aid solutions to help veterans achieve their educational goals and launch careers in the private sector, we’re proud to say our campus is home to a Veterans Resource Office, a space designed especially for our service members and their families.
The Southeast Tech Veterans Resource Office provides Southeast Tech veterans and family members of Veterans a place to build community and to access benefits, re-adjustment counseling, referral services and more.
VETERANS RESOURCE OFFICE LOCATION: Technology Center, Room 116
VETERANS RESOURCE OFFICE HOURS: 8–5 p.m. Monday through Friday
The Office will be staffed three days a week:
- Veterans Affairs (VA) Counselors: 12–4 p.m. each Monday
- South Dakota Army National Guard Members: 12–4:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays
The Sioux Falls Vet Center, a division of the Veterans Health Administration, provides the following services:
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Marital and Family Counseling
- Bereavement Counseling
- Sexual Trauma Counseling
- Education and Outreach
- Referral for VA Benefits Assistance
- Referral to Medical Services
- Alcohol/Drug Treatment Referral
- Employment Referral
- Referral to Community Resources
VETERANS RESOURCE OFFICE ELIGIBILITY
The Southeast Tech Veterans Resource Office is open to the following:
- Active Duty Service Members: The Veterans Resource Office is open to you if you are a member of the Armed Forces, including reserve component active duty service members, who has: served on active duty in a theater of combat operations; served in an area at a time during which hostilities occurred in that area; remotely controlled an unmanned aerial vehicle engaged in combat with an enemy of the United States or against an opposing military force in a theater of combat operations; or provided direct emergency medical or mental healthcare, or mortuary services, to the causalities of combat operations or hostilities within or outside the theater of combat operations or area of hostilities.
- Family Members of Active Duty Service Members: The Veterans Resource Office is open to you if you are a member of the family of a Service Member, including spouse, child, step-family member and extended family member or a person who lives with a Service Member but is not a member of the family of the Service Member. Family services are provided when found to aid in the re-adjustment of the Service Member.
- Those Experiencing Bereavement: The Veterans Resouce Office is open to you if you are a parent, spouse or child of Armed Forces personnel who died while in service to their country, family members of Reservists and National Guardsmen who died while on duty are included.
- Those in Need of Sexual Trauma/Harassment Counseling: The Veterans Resource Office is open to you if you are a Service Member who has experienced sexual assault and/or sexual harassment; those needing counseling are welcome.