Certified Professional Biller
This certificate can be completed in just 9 months!
Are you ready to make a career change that’s both affordable and rewarding? At Southeast Tech, make it happen in just nine months as a Certified Professional Biller with our all-new affordable certification!
You’ll learn an overview of insurance, billing, CPT coding, ICD coding, general office procedures and practices, as well as coding and reimbursement requirements.
You can also build on your certification to complete our Healthcare Office Specialist diploma for even more upward mobility and opportunities!
This is a hybrid program which means you’ll learn through online coursework as well as one-night a week on campus.
What You’ll Do
- Adhere to HIPAA guidelines for handling patient protected health information (PHI)
- Prepare and send insurance claims
- Resolve patient’s denials by working with insurance companies or governmental agencies
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness
- Follow up on unpaid or rejected claims within billing cycle timeframe
- Contact payers regarding discrepancies in payments
- Identify and bill primary, supplemental, secondary tertiary and supplemental payers
- Answer responsible party questions on patient responsibility portions, copay, deductibles and write offs
- Prepare appeals to insurance carriers if necessary
View Curriculum Here
Ready to Enroll and Change Your Life?
Please complete the Non-Degree Seeking Application to register for this certificate program. Select the Non-Degree Seeking option when the application asks “What type of student are you?”
This program is 15 credits. Costs are calculated based on a charge of $240 per credit hour, plus applicable fees. See a breakdown of all tuition and fees here. Financial Aid is not available for this certification.
Related programs: Southeast Tech also offers a Certified Professional Coder certificate, as well as a Medical Coding Diploma and a Medical Coding Associate Degree.