Home > Admissions
> Academic Advising & Registration (AAR)
Academic Advising & Registration (AAR)
Academic Advising & Registration Day (AAR Day) is an important, half-day event required for all students enrolling at Southeast Tech for the first time.
TWO-STEP REGISTRATION PROCESS:
1. Pay the $50 non-refundable Registration Fee. Click here to submit fee on a secure CASHnet site located at STInet.
- To login to STInet, you will need your Student ID and Password that the Southeast Tech IT Department emailed to you.
- The $50 non-refundable Registration Fee is required for all new students to Southeast Tech, including transfer students.
- If you experience difficulties submitting your fee, please contact the Admissions Office at 605-367-6040 (phone); firstname.lastname@example.org (email); or 605-367-5758 (text).
2. Register for an AAR Day. Click here to complete the registration form.
Attention! Your spot will not be confirmed for AAR DAY until you pay the $50 non-refundable Registration Fee.
WHO NEEDS TO ATTEND AAR DAY?
New students, including transfer students, who have completed the admissions requirements and have been accepted into an academic program for Fall 2018 will receive an AAR Day invitation from the Admissions Office.
PARENTS AND FAMILIES ARE INVITED TO AAR DAY!
Parents and family members are welcomed and encouraged to attend AAR Day! That way, they will know how to support you as a new college student.
WHAT TO BRING TO AAR DAY:
- Government issued picture ID (e.g., Driver’s License or ID Card)
- Outstanding Financial Aid Paperwork
- Placement scores – if you haven’t already submitted them to the Admissions Office. If you need to take the ACCUPLACER, TEAS, or NACE Exams, sign up now at the Testing Center.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AT AAR DAY:
- Register for Fall 2018 classes.
- Meet faculty in your program who will advise you about your course of study.
- Meet your Student Success Advisor and finalize your fall class schedule.
- Attend an Information Session designed for parents and families.
- Get your official Student I.D. – smile for your photo!
- Meet with Financial Add and Business Office staff about loans and payment plan options.
- Learn about campus resources dedicated to your success.
- Learn about the Bookstore – it’s where you will get your books, scrubs, and supplies!
- Tour campus.
- Enjoy lunch at Paavo’s, our campus Pizza & Grill.
AAR DAY SCHEDULE:
8:30 a.m. Arrival and Check-in at the HUB (#7 on campus map)
9 a.m. Opening General Session
10 a.m. Advising Sessions with Academic Programs
11 a.m. Finalize Fall 2018 Schedules with Student Success Advisors
Noon Eat at Paavo’s
Noon Optional Campus Tour
If you have questions and/or concerns about AAR Day, please contact the Admissions Office: