Web Programmers oversee the technical details of a website. As a web developer, your work impacts the performance, capacity and design of a website. Your knowledge helps make a client’s vision become reality through your ability to build a framework that supports a particular type of site, such as ecommerce, news, gaming or user interface.
Southeast Technical Institute’s Web Programming certificate is directed toward high school students and existing programmers who seek to enhance their web background.
Your coursework will build your knowledge base in web programming so you can:
- Write website code using HTML
- Collaborate with team members on site construction
- Build and test website apps Integrate graphics, audio and video into a site
- Monitor website function/traffic
Web Programming at Southeast Tech offers these advantages:
- Gives those already in the industry a career boost
- Lets undergrad or dual-credit student explore new field
- Focuses learning on web programming
Why Study Web Programming at Southeast Tech
During your programming training in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, you will learn Java’s syntax, data, memory and control structures; utilize MySQL Database Management System; demonstrate use of an Integrated Development Environment tool (i.e., Visual Studio); test and debug server-side PHP programs; and test and edit HTML documents. Your coursework also helps you:
Demonstrate Professionalism / Communication: Working with STI’s faculty, you will gain confidence in researching and giving presentations, using appropriate computer terminology and exhibiting ethical behavior.
Enhance Your Critical Thinking Skills: You will demonstrate problem analysis, logic design, and website development skills.
The Extended Learning Advantage: As an IT technician, you will benefit from membership in professional organizations and pursuing other professional development and training opportunities.
The Dual-Credit Advantage: A Web Programming certificate would be a tool for an existing undergraduate or dual-credit student to explore a new field.
What can you do with your STI degree
Programmers find careers in a wide range of industries, including education, manufacturing, software publishing, finance and insurance, and computer system design.
Southeast Tech’s curriculum for a Web Programming certificate totals 13 credits, including classes in Intro to Programming, Internet Programming Essentials and Dynamic Website Development.
- CIS 130 - Introduction to Programming 3 Credit Hours
- CIS 195 - Internet Programming Essentials 4 Credit Hours
- CIS 196 - Internet Programming II 3 Credit Hours
- CIS 241 - Dynamic Website Development 3 Credit Hours
- Complete the Southeast Tech application.
- Select "Non-Degree Seeking" when asked "What kind of student are you?"
- Once the application is submitted, an Admissions Representative will be in contact.
- Pay $75 registration fee.
- Then, the Admissions Office will complete the registration request and send you an official schedule.
CostCosts for this program are calculated based on a charge of $248 per credit hour, plus applicable fees. Financial Aid is not available for this certificate.
Want to know more? Request information about Southeast Tech from the admissions office.
Other Programs Related to Programming
If you’re interested in an IT career, you might also be interested in these other programs at Southeast Tech:
Southeast Technical Institute's Web Programming program is a Bring Your Own Laptop (BYOL) program. You may purchase a laptop on your own or from the Southeast Tech Support Center.