Nature Certified Explore Classroom
The Scarbrough Center at Southeast Technical Institute features South Dakota's first Nature Certified Explore Classroom. Certified Nature Explore Classrooms help fill the void integrating research-based outdoor learning opportunities into children's daily lives.
Safe and Secure Facility
Southeast Tech's Scarbrough Center is a safe and secure facility. Doors are locked and parents are provided a passcode to enter.
Healthy, nutritious meals and snacks
Nutritious meals and snacks are provided through the Sioux Falls School District's Child Nutrition Program. (Costs of meals/snacks are based on income using the Child Nutrition Guidelines)
Field Trips and Family Events
In addition to regular field trips for the children, the Scarbrough Center offers special events for the whole family each month. Examples include visiting an apple orchard in the fall, a winter celebration in the winter months, or Muffins for Mom/Donuts for Dads in the spring and summer.
- Open Door Policy – you can visit your child at any time.
- Highly qualified, experienced, CPR trained and caring teachers.
- Inspiring indoor environment.
- Infant and toddler programs for children ages 4 weeks-3 years.
- Preschool program for children ages 3-5 years.
- School-age activities in the summer.
- Primary caregiving in all classrooms.
- Developmentally appropriate activities.
- Brightwheel parent engagement tool.
- Parent visits when you begin and conferences twice a year.
- Drop-in care available with prior notice.
$35 per family (non-refundable)
Full-time (40 hours), part-time (30 hours) and drop-in care available.
Call for a tour and rates.