How to Apply for Southeast Technical College Housing
There will be limited Housing availability for Summer 2023, due to various construction projects and upgrades. Students staying from Spring 2023 to Summer 2023 may be asked to combine their apartments with other tenants in order ensure the contractors have space to complete their projects. Additionally, construction disruptions and/or contractor access to occupied units may be necessary.
Students wishing to live in STC Housing during Summer 2023 must re-apply if they wish to continue their residency into Fall 2023.
Finalize Acceptance into Academic Program
Future Southeast Tech students must be officially accepted into an academic program to be eligible to apply for Southeast Tech Housing.
Apply for Housing
The application window for STC Housing closed Feb. 28, 2023.
Students will be selected for Housing March 1–10, 2023. Preference will be given to students currently residing in Housing who are in good standing.
Complete Housing Contract and Pay Deposit
Contracts will be sent to selected students the week of March 13, 2023. They must be returned by March 31, 2023.
A non-refundable $500 deposit is due by March 31, 2023. Of that total, $150 is a housing deposit that will be applied to rent. The remaining $350 is a damage deposit that can be recouped upon moving out of STC Housing if there are no damages beyond normal wear and tear of the unit.
Complete Roommate Matching Survey
Placed students will be provided a link to roommate matching software by April 14, 2023. When complete, students will be notified about their placements and roommates by May 19, 2023.
Schedule Move In
Around Aug. 1, 2023, placed students will be contacted to schedule a move-in time during the week of Aug. 14, 2023.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- January 1, 2023: The application window opens for housing for the Fall 2023 semester.
- February 28, 2023: Housing application window closes.
- March 1–March 10, 2023: Students randomly selected for housing placement.
- Week of March 13, 2023: Contracts sent to students.
- March 31, 2023: Contracts due back to STC, and $500 deposit due.
- April 14, 2023: Roommate matching begins.
- May 5, 2023: Building, apartment and bedroom assignments finalized.
- May 19, 2023: Students notified of placements and roommates.
- August 1, 2023: Move-in times scheduled.
- August 14, 2023: Move-in week.
If you are not selected for STC Housing, or you were selected but didn’t meet the March 31 deadline to return the contract and pay the $500, your name will be added to the waitlist. Should spots become available after March 31, 2023, we will notify waitlisted students.