The Academic Resource Center helps you achieve your academic goals so you can pursue your professional ambitions. Sometimes, a class or assignment can stand in the way – but, it doesn’t have to. The ARC offers Southeast Tech students the academic assistance they need to excel with free one-on-one and online tutoring provided by faculty, professional and peer tutors.
The ARC Can Provide:
• Academic support for the class that has you scratching your head.
• Opportunities to practice what you are learning in your classes.
• Strategies for becoming a more independent learner.
• Guided practice with an expert coach to reinfoce your strengths and help you modify your weak spots.
• Personalized feedback.
• Study skills: writing, math, test-taking, memorization, note-taking, organization, etc.
• Strategies for reducing anxiety and stress over assignments or course expectations.
• Methods for increasing your academic confidence and self-esteem.
• Work space free from distractions.
Southeast Technical College offers walk-in tutoring services to all enrolled students, free of charge. Students who want to improve in their coursework receive individualized attention from Southeast Tech's faculty, professional and peer tutors. Through the program, students hired to be tutors have a desire to help others learn and hold excellent GPAs.
No appointment is necessary. Students may view the tutor schedule online to see when and where the tutors are working. Students interested in getting extra help are encouraged to stop by the Academic Resource Center when it works in their schedule.
- Computer Essentials
- Computer Programming
- Intro to Computers
- Medical Language
- Social Problems
To request help in a class or to see if there is a tutor available for a specific class, please contact the Academic Resource Center.
Southeast Tech students can receive at least 10 hours of free, online tutoring though STC's partnership with NetTutor online tutoring services. Getting connected is easy - log into myTech, navigate to the tutoring page, and click the NetTutor link.