Students in a BYOL program have the option to purchase a laptop from Southeast Tech or to bring another laptop that meets the BYOL minimum specifications. Students are encouraged to purchase a laptop from Southeast Tech if they do not already have a laptop that meets the requirements.
Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
*Excludes RT and S versions of Windows
|macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or later|
|Processor||64-bit, 1.6 GHz Processor or greater||64-bit, Intel-based Mac, 1.6 GHz Processor or greater|
|Memory||4 GB of RAM or greater||4 GB of RAM or greater|
|Available Disk Space||10 GB or greater||10 GB or greater|
|Screen Resolution||1280 x 768 or greater||1280 x 800 or greater|
*Chromebooks, Android devices, and tablets running a mobile operating system are not currently supported for the BYOL programs.
- Veterinary Technician
- Business Administration
- Business Administration: Agribusiness Emphasis
- Office Assistant
- Real Estate Pre-Licensing
- Construction Management Technology*
- Cardiac Sonography
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- ElectroNeuroDiagnostic Technology
- Healthcare Leadership
- Huron, SD Nursing Program
- Licensed Practical Nursing*
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding: Professional and Facility
- Medical Coding: Professional Services
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician Certificate
- Registered Nurse*
- Vascular Sonography
- Horticulture Technology
- Sports Turf Management
- Early Childhood Specialist
- Law Enforcement Science
- HVAC/R Technology*
- Plumbing/Mechanical Systems Technology*
- Residential Heating & Air Conditioning Technology*
- Computer Programming Online*
- Computer Programming* - Students in this major are eligible to sign up for a pilot program for Bring Your Own Laptop (BYOL). Space in the BYOL pilot program is limited! Read details and sign up.
- Computer Support Certificate
- IT Certification Preparation Classes
- Java Programming Certificate
- Network Support Certificate
- Software Support Specialist - Students in this major are eligible to sign up for a pilot program for Bring Your Own Laptop (BYOL).
- Space in the BYOL pilot program is limited! Read details and sign up.
- Web Programming Certificate
- Technical Studies
- Automotive Technology*
- Collision Repair & Refinish Technology*
- Commercial Driver's License Training
- Diesel Technology*
- Diesel Technology: Agriculture/Construction*
*All students receiving Build Dakota Scholarships will be required to purchase a Southeast Tech laptop appropriate for their program. This cost is paid as part of the scholarship.
Students in a BYOL program will be able to use a virtual PC (vPC) to access a Microsoft Windows environment and any program-specific software on their laptop. Students are also able to install Office365 on their computer free of charge to use while they are enrolled in classes. Installation details and instructions for these applications can be found at http://guides.southeasttech.edu.
Students in a BYOL program can receive software support for their laptop not purchased through Southeast Tech at the Southeast Tech IT Support Center. This includes assistance with setting up and accessing vPC, connecting to the wireless network, setting up a Southeast Tech email account and removing viruses and malware. Basic software support is provided free of charge. Students requiring more in-depth tasks such as virus and malware removal or other services that would require their laptop to remain at the IT Support Center for assistance will incur a small fee for the service. A Southeast Tech loaner laptop is included as part of the service fee, to ensure that students are able to continue with their coursework while their laptop is at the IT Support Center.
Southeast Tech Laptop Specifications and Pricing
All students who are currently enrolled at Southeast Tech are eligible to purchase a laptop from Southeast Tech. The specifications and pricing for the laptop available for purchase are listed on the Southeast Tech Laptop Required specification page.
LAPTOP MODELS 2020-2021
Backpack included with all new laptop purchases.
|Model||HP ProBook 455 G7|
|CPU||AMD Ryzen 5 4500U|
|Memory||16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 3200|
|Hard Drive||256GB PCIe NVMe SSD|
|Battery||3 Cell 45 WHr Long Life Battery (supports HP Fast Charging)|
|Networking||Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 with Bluetooth|
|Video Card||Integrated Radeon Vega 8|
|Warranty||Three-year parts and labor with limited accidental damage protection. Batteries have a 3-year warranty from the purchase date from HP.|
|Display||15.6-inch LED FHD (1920 x 1080)|
|Price||$875 + Tax|
If you wish to purchase a Southeast Tech laptop, please complete the reservation form (login required) to ensure that a laptop is ready for you at JumpStart. Build Dakota scholarship recipients will automatically have an appropriate laptop or iPad reserved for them based on their major, as the cost is covered as part of their scholarship.