Southeast Technical College offers students three scholarship opportunities: Build Dakota Scholarships, Southeast Tech Scholarships and CTE Academy Scholarships.
Start building your career here, and learn which programs are eligible for this full-ride scholarship.
Southeast Tech Scholarships
Current and newly accepted students to Southeast Technical College are eligible for Southeast Tech Scholarships that are funded through the Southeast Tech Foundation. These scholarships are funded by annual and endowed gifts to the college. The scholarships typically range from $500‒$1,000, and each scholarship has unique eligibility criteria.
The Southeast Tech Scholarship application window for the 2021-22 academic year will open on January 1, 2021, and run through March 31, 2021.
Career & Technical Education Academy Scholarships
Southeast Tech awards scholarships to eligible students who have completed courses at the Sioux Falls School District's CTE Academy.
The CTE Academy Scholarship application window for the 2020–2021 academic year will open on January 1, 2021, and run through March 31, 2021.
South Dakota Opportunity Scholarships
If you receive a South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship, please notify the Financial Aid Office.
This scholarship is designated for the most academically accomplished high school graduates to receive an affordable education at any university, college or technical school in South Dakota that is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship provides $5,000 over four years to a qualifying student who attends an eligible higher education institution in South Dakota.
More about the requirements, awards and application process can be found here.
In addition to scholarships provided through Southeast Tech, multiple local, state and federal scholarships are available for students as well.
We are offering 4 currently enrolled students or high school seniors who are pursuing post-secondary education an opportunity to be awarded $2,000 in tuition assistance towards their upcoming semester! This scholarship is ongoing and will be available for both the spring and fall semesters each year.
Those students who have exceptional drive and ambition should submit a 700-1500 word essay to email@example.com telling us who you are and how you plan on using your automotive education to incite positive change and innovation within the custom car industry. All entries must be submitted as a PDF or Microsoft Word document to be eligible for consideration and must also be accompanied by proof of current enrollment in an accredited United States college or university.
Please submit your essays by 12 p.m. EST on Oct. 15 for all spring semester applicants and by June 15th for all fall applicants. Winning scholarships will be paid directly to the school as a tuition payment.
Winners will be selected by Nov. 15 for all spring contestants and by July 15 for fall applicants.
This is a permanent program that is offered every year and is open for submissions each spring and fall semester!
Who is eligible:
Only students currently enrolled full-time in an American college, technical institute, or high school seniors planning to attend a college or post-secondary institution are eligible to be awarded a scholarship through this program.
AmericanMuscle Student Scholarships are non-renewable, however, winning applicants may re-enter in future contests by writing and resubmitting a new essay. Only one essay per student, per semester is allowed.
Scholarships are restricted to those students pursuing an automotive degree or related field of study.
All applicants must include some form of proof of enrollment when submitting applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two scholarships for $2,000 each are awarded twice a year (4 scholarships total) to
students who are currently enrolled full-time in a secondary vocational school, technical
institute, or are high school seniors who are enrolled in one of the aforementioned
institutes. Two scholarships will be awarded for the fall semester and two scholarships
will be awarded for the spring semester each year.
At AmericanTrucks we are passionate about our mission to serve the community that supports us. We've recognized a growing trend in the building trades industry. Educational programs are receiving a lot of attention from national leaders and it’s our goal to be involved in a meaningful way.
With that in mind, we are pleased to offer four $2000 scholarships to students pursuing
a career in the traditional building trades such as HVAC, carpentry, electrical, or
related fields of study.
Two scholarships will be awarded for the fall semester, and two scholarships will be awarded for the spring semester each year.
Engineering Technology Students: ASHRAE is an organization that students should be involved with in order to be qualified for an ASHRAE scholarship. For more information visit their website: www.ashrae.org/students.
Providing elevated opportunities for American Indian and Alaska Native college students through empowering them with an engaging scholarship experience designed to support their success in higher education.
Enrolled full-time in a non-profit post-secondary institution
Enrolled member of a US Federally-Recognized Tribe
Competitive Grade Point Average (GPA)
Demonstration of unmet need
For more information regarding all scholarship opportunities, please visit cobellscholar.org.
Captain James Ahn, a graduate of UC Riverside and the Claremont McKenna College Army ROTC program, died in 2015 during a parachute training operation while participating with his Special Forces unit in Washington State.
For all of us who knew and loved James, he will never be forgotten. He was the consummate person and professional who was respected by everyone he came in contact with.
In James’ honor, we are sponsoring an annual scholarship of $1,000 to a Special Forces Veteran who is working towards the completion of a higher education degree.
Former Special Forces Service Member
Full time student pursuing degree/certification completion at an accredited post secondary institution including graduate school, university, college, community college, or vocational/technical institution.
Applicants must complete the application in full by June 1, 2021
The National Farmworker Jobs Program, administered through Black Hills Special Services Cooperative, has resources available to students and job seekers who meet eligibility criteria.
- Has worked as a Seasonal Farm/Ranch Hand in the last 2 years OR
- Has worked as a Migrant Farm/Ranch Hand in the last 2 years, AND
- Meets low-income guidelines AND
- Complies with Selective Service Registration
For individuals who are eligible for the program, her/his dependent family members automatically qualify as well.
Stipend of $500 per year for school
Rent assistance up to $300
Fuel assistance for transportation
East River Area
800-726-9026 or 605-367-5300
Funding for the scholarship program is generated through a $10 fee charged to LPNs
and RNs at the time of licensure. The number and amount of each scholarship is determined
annually by South Dakota Board of Nursing, not to exceed $1,000 per academic year.
Scholarships may be used only for direct education expenses such as tuition, books, and fees. Room and board are not considered direct educational expenses.
Eligibility & Instructions
Students in Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN), Registered Nursing (RN)and Advanced Practice Registered Nursing (APRN) programs must submit the Scholarship Application directly to the Board.
RN and APRN applications are due by June 1 and awardees will be selected during the July Board of Nursing meeting. All applicants will be notified of selection. Scholarship payments will be made at the start of the fall and spring semesters.
LPN applications are due by October 1 and awardees will be selected during the November Board of Nursing meeting. All applicants will be notified of selection. Scholarship payments will be made at the start of the spring semester.
Information is available at this site on the board of nursing web page: http://doh.sd.gov/boards/nursing/loan.aspx.
Deadline for RN students in May 31, for LPN it is September 30 of each year.
The Yearly Pacific Bay Recovery $5000 Scholarship Award Opportunity for 1 Student
– Deadline 12/31/2020
This 2020 marks an exciting opportunity for existing college students and those planning to attend in the 2021 calendar year! Pacific Bay Recovery is proud to now offer a new annual scholarship award in the amount of $5000 to 1 college student who is either already enrolled or will be attending during the 2021 calendar semesters. With the purpose to motivate success and continuing education, Pacific Bay Recovery is committed to providing this scholarship every year for 1 talented student to receive a $5000 scholarship. If you are a college-bound or enrolled college student who is considering academic scholarship assistance options, and you show an interest in substance rehabilitation services, then we encourage you to apply for this unique scholarship opportunity!
The Purpose of Our Annual $5000 Scholarship Award
Our yearly scholarship award will help raise awareness and understanding of rehabilitation options while also positively impacting a student and their pursuit for academic success. This scholarship initiative by Pacific Bay Recovery allows us an additional way to give back to motivated young scholars who can and will become future leaders in our society. Our objective for aspiring students is for them to grasp their impact and value they have by their academic achievement and goals they set for themselves.
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicant must be an American citizen.
Applicant must possess a GPA (grade point average) of 2.5 or higher.
Applicant must show proof of current enrollment at a university, accredited college or community college OR provide proof of acceptance from a university, accredited college or community college.
Applicant will submit a 1000+ word essay that is 100% unique and original by the deadline of December 31, 2020.
Applicant meets the Pacific Bay Recovery regulations and obeys the essay submission requirements that are listed below.
The South Dakota Association of Environmental Professionals (SDAEP) Scholarship Program provides one or more scholarships annually to students with directed studies relating to the protection and enhancement of our natural resources, the environment, and other similar fields.
- Applicants should desire a career in a trade supportive to the protection and enhancement of our natural resources, environment, and/or related fields.
- Students that are intending to enroll or are already enrolled at a South Dakota university, technical institution, or other post-secondary trade school. Applicants must intend to enroll for the fall semester.
- Applicants must possess a grade point average of 2.0 or greater
Part-time studies will be considered if applicant can show good cause for other than full-time studies and that the course of study is directed toward a degree, certificate or similar identification of graduation.
- Students who have received an SDAEP scholarship in the past are eligible to apply each year.
- High school seniors are eligible to apply.
- Children and spouses of scholarship committee members are not eligible.
The South Dakota Well Drillers Association is pleased to offer the “SDWDA Quality Groundwater Scholarships” totaling $7,000.00 to four deserving students. There will be one $3,000.00, one $2,000.00 and two $1,000.00 scholarships awarded. SDWDA scholarships will be given every other year when the association’s convention is held in South Dakota. The Association recognizes the need for educational advancements at all levels of the industry and seeks to support students pursuing their educational goals.Rules for Application:
- Applicant must be a resident of South Dakota OR a son/daughter/dependent of an individual employed by a MEMBER COMPANY in Good Standing (having paid all dues for the current year). A higher priority will be given to a relative of an employee of a MEMBER COMPANY.
- Applicant must be a full-time student that has successfully completed, at a minimum, their freshman year at an accredited South Dakota University or Technical School with a major emphasis on a degree related to the water/water well/groundwater industry. Areas of study include, but are not limited to: Engineering, Geology, Hydro-Geology, Environmental or Earth Sciences, Water Conservation, Pump Installation/Plumbing, Geo-Thermal, etc.
- Applicant must have an accumulative grade point average of 2.0 and be able to provide full college transcripts from the current educational institution.
- Transcripts for classes completed through the most recently completed college semester must accompany the application.
- The top award recipient will be invited and encouraged to attend the SDWDA Convention to accept the award. The convention will be held at The Lodge in Deadwood, SD on March 7-10, 2019. The scholarship presentations will be held on Monday evening, March 8, as part of the scholarship benefit auction and meal festivities. $300.00 will be provided for the winner to help with motel room and expenses if they attend along with meal tickets (max. 4 per recipient) will be provided by the Association. In the event that the convention is canceled due to Covid, the scholarships will still be awarded as stated.
- Awards will be sent directly to the South Dakota University or Technical School prior to the fall semester of the 2021-2022 school year for sophomore and junior recipients. Senior recipients will be awarded at the time of the convention.
- Applicant must complete the following application in full and be postmarked prior to the deadline. The deadline of this year’s application is December 15, 2020. The winners will be notified by February 1, 2021.
- A photo of the applicant must accompany the application.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be eligible.
- Applications must be typed (no exceptions).
- To be considered, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Complete Scholarship Application. Incomplete applications or applications not containing all supporting information will not be considered.
- A 500-1000 word statement describing your personal life, your educational pursuits, and how your career goals will relate to and improve the water industry.
- A statement of verification from company owner/representative if related to an employee of a SDWDA Member Company.
- One letter of recommendation from one of either of the applicant’s collegiate academic advisor, counselor, or instructor.
- One letter of personal recommendation (family members and high school and collegiate advisors, counselors, instructors, or coaches are excluded).
- Recent photo.
For additional information or questions, contact Dennis Duvall at: email@example.com. or by going to the associations website at: sdwda.org.
The SDSWMA Scholarship Program provides one or more scholarships annually to students with directed studies relating to the protection and enhancement of our natural resources and environment, the solid waste industry and similar fields. Preference is given to South Dakota residents intending to study at South Dakota colleges, universities, vocational training or apprenticeships.
There are several scholarships available online for students attending technical schools. Please review the applications at www.sfacf.org.
Each year, two scholarships are awarded in the amounts of $1,000 and $500.
The deadline for all applications and supporting materials is December 31. All applicants must be a senior in high school or a freshman in college and must be sponsored by a member of the SDAPHCC.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 1, 2020 AWARD DATE: FALL 2020
South Dakota Nurses Foundation (SDNF) is pleased to offer the following scholarships to be awarded Fall 2020:
$1000 South Dakota Nurses Foundation (SDNF) Scholarship (2 available)
Purpose—To support a registered nurse pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree with the career goal of practicing nursing in a South Dakota high need area or teaching in a South Dakota baccalaureate or higher degree nursing education
$1000 Rita H. Walsh Scholarship (1 available)
Purpose—To support a registered nurse pursuing a higher level of nursing education.
Purpose—To support a male registered nurse in pursuit of his educational goals
$500 Dr. Carl and Leona Stadler Scholarship (1 available)
Purpose—To support a non-licensed student who is an member of a tribal nation and is pursuing a baccalaureate degree in nursing
Application Materials for Scholarships:
Access the South Dakota Nurses Association (SDNA) website at www.sdnursesassociation.org/ South Dakota Nurses Foundation/Scholarships. Alternatively, contact the South Dakota Nurses Association office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-945-4265.
Providing $10,000 in Financial Assistance to Military Veterans and their Families Pursuing an Undergraduate or Graduate Degree Related to Technology
The HotelPlanner Scholarship Program was designed to provide financial assistance to veterans of the United States military, along with the spouse/partner and children of U.S. military veterans, who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree related to technology.
HotelPlanner recognizes the incomparable commitment made by the brave men and women of the military who fight to keep the country safe. As such, it is committed to support those individuals who choose to pursue a college degree and are in need of additional funds to help defray the costs of higher education.
As the leader in booking group and individual hotel travel online, technology is at the heart of everything HotelPlanner does and critical to the success of its business. Similarly, companies, governments and military operations around the world are increasingly dependent on those who understand and work with technology. This scholarship is intended to grow the pool of qualified individuals by helping to make their education in technology a reality.
Summer - Apply by August 15th / Notified by September
Fall - Apply by December 15th / Notified by March
Scholarship Search Engines
- FastWeb's free scholarship search includes more than 600,000 scholarships worth more than $1
billion. FastWeb also offers expert advice and how-tos on financial aid, scholarships,
selecting a major, choosing a career and more. FastWeb is provided completely free.
- At careeronestop search more than 7,000 scholarships, fellowships, loans, and other financial aid opportunities.
- Tuition Funding Sources -- Established in 1987, TFS is a privately owned website exclusively sponsored by Wells Fargo.