Early Childhood Workforce Support Scholarship
Covers 100% of program, including tuition, fees, books and uniforms
Hit the ground running in your childcare or education career – graduate with no debt and a set of high-demand skills! The Department of Social Services (DSS) Early Childhood Workforce Support Scholarship program covers 100% of tuition, fees, books, laptops and uniforms (all items related toward credit-bearing coursework) for the Early Childhood Specialist program.
- Both in-state students and out-of-state students are eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholars of all ages are welcome to apply.
- The scholarship will support tuition, fees, books and other program expenses for credit-bearing courses.
- Recipients of a scholarship will commit to living and working in the state, in childcare or education, for two years following graduation.
- You must be accepted into the Early Childhood Specialist program.
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national (You may be eligible if you have a green card and are
eligible for federal financial aid.)
- Applicants need not be South Dakota residents.
- You must complete the FAFSA (Federal Application for Federal Student Aid).
By accepting a scholarship, recipients will agree to the following:
- Following graduation, you must work full-time in the childcare or education industry in South Dakota for a minimum of two years.
- Should you choose to be self-employed as a daycare provider, you must be a registered provider in good standing through the State of South Dakota.