Earn a Full-Ride Scholarship for 25 Southeast Tech Programs
The Build Dakota Scholarship program offers new students at Southeast Technical College the opportunity to earn a full-ride scholarship in Southeast Tech’s most in-demand programs.
The scholarship covers 100% of tuition, fees, books, technology and tools. Upon graduation, students agree to work in their field, for their sponsor if sponsored by an Industry Partner, in South Dakota for a minimum of three years.
Students leave school with no student debt and a set of skills that are in high demand, so you’ll be ready to hit the ground running and start your career.
- Be accepted into an academic program eligible for a Build Dakota Scholarship.
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national (may be eligible if you have a green card and are eligible for Federal Financial Aid).
- Be of any age and from any state.
- Commit to stay in South Dakota and work in a high-demand field of study for three years.
- Work for your Industry Sponsor for three years post-graduation. If you lose your sponsor, you lose your Build Dakota Scholarship.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Must complete the FAFSA (Federal Application for Federal Student Aid), and you cannot be in default on federal student loans.
As a Build Dakota Scholar, if you do not maintain compliance with the scholarship requirements, your scholarship will convert to a loan that you will be required to pay.
More than 350 students apply annually for Build Dakota Scholarships at Southeast Technical College. To maximize scholarship funds, Southeast Tech partners with industry to sponsor scholars. An Industry Sponsor is a company that is hiring positions from the in-demand programs eligible for Build Dakota Scholarships. Students are matched with an Industry Sponsor who provides funding for approximately half the Build Dakota Scholarship, and Southeast Tech's Build Dakota funds comprise the remainder of the full-ride scholarship.
Once students submit their Build Dakota Scholarship application materials, HR representatives for Industry Sponsors review them. Then, they have an opportunity to schedule interviews with applicants they choose. Finally, they may extend sponsorship offers to their selected Build Dakota student(s).
Southeast Tech Cannot Guarantee an Industry Sponsor – Please note that Southeast Tech cannot guarantee a student will be connected with an Industry Sponsor. Nor can Southeast Tech guarantee a student will be offered an internship or employment with an Industry Sponsor. All terms and commitments of accepting sponsorships are between students and their Industry Sponsors.
Southeast Tech May Award Non-Industry Sponsor Build Dakota Scholarships – Southeast Tech may also award full-ride Build Dakota Scholarships that are not connected to Industry Partners. However, for the 2020‒2021 academic year, all Build Dakota Scholars at Southeast Technical College were sponsored by Industry Sponsors. For 2021-2022, a handful of scholarships were awarded that were not connected with Industry Sponsors.
Are you a business looking to sponsor a scholar? Visit our Partnership Page.