New students will have photos taken at Academic Advising and Registration (AAR) and no other photos will need to be submitted. If you didn't attend an AAR event, you will receive an email from Southeast Tech Online Photo Submission in your STC email account a few weeks prior to the semester starting with instructions on how to submit your photo online.
When you submit a photo online, you will need to submit a recent color photo with
a plain, neutral background, white, off-white, cream, beige and light gray are all
acceptable. You will also need to submit a photo of a government issued photo ID to
verify your identity.
Your photo should display your head, including both face and hair, from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin, and from hairline side-to-side, like a driver’s license or passport.
Prescription glasses may be worn for the photo; however, there should be no reflection from the eyeglasses that obscure the eyes. Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless they are needed for medical reasons.
Head coverings are acceptable due to religious beliefs, provided the head covering shows a full front view of the face and does not cast a shadow onto the face.
Your photo needs to clearly identify the cardholder.
Tips for Submitting
- Use a current color photo in focus, without any added effects.
- Have a neutral color and smooth background.
- Provide a centered photo with a full front view of the face.
- Crop the photo from just above the top of the head to the collarbone.
- Use proper lighting.
- Ensure your eyes are open and visible, looking at the camera.
- Wear prescription glasses if you normally do so.
- Wear hats, sunglasses or other items that obscure the face.
- Close your eyes or use a photo with glare on your eyeglasses.
- Look down or to either side.
- Use a photo with shadows casted on the face.
- With other visible people, pets or objects.
- Use a photo with inappropriate expressions.
- No group photos.
- No blurry photos.
- No black and white photos.
- No photos with your hand resting on your face.
- Don’t crop off the top of your head or side angle your face.
- Don’t use a photo taken more than 6 months ago.
- Don’t use filters on your photo.
Note: Taking a photo with most smartphones/devices works well.
Once your photo is approved, you can download your Mobile ID using the Transact eAccounts app.