|FULL-RIDE SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE!|
Southeast Tech's Wireless Infrastructure Technician certificates prepare students for careers as Tower Technicians. They will play a vital role in forwarding wireless telecommunications technology and developing 5G infrastructure.
Basic rigging, fall protection, safety, fiber optics, wireless technology cell components, antenna basics, principles of electricity and spectrum management are taught in hybrid format with classroom, hands-on training and online components.
Tower Technicians find employment with major cellular carriers, utilities and wind energy companies. Many positions start anywhere from $17-$20 per hour. Often, there is an opportunity for rapid advancement if desired. According to the National Association of Tower Erectors (NATE), South Dakota could hire an additional 440 technicians in the next 5 years.
Begins September 2020. This certificate program runs 8 weeks and is delivered in a hybrid format.
- WIT 110 Site Safety Practices and Procedures - 3 credits
- WIT 120 Wireless Technology and Structures - 3 credits
- WIT 130 Wireless Site Operations - 3 credits
- WIT 140 Regulations, Standards and Professionalism - 2 credits
TOTAL CREDITS: 11
Begins January 2021. This certificate program runs 16 weeks and is delivered entirely online.
- WIT 150 Advanced Topics for Wireless Infrastructure Construction - 3 credits
- WIT 160 Advanced Climbing and Rigging Techniques - 3 credits
- WIT 170 Site Management Techniques - 3 credits
TOTAL CREDITS: 9
Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Complete the Southeast Tech application.
- Select "Non-Degree Seeking" when asked "What kind of student are you?"
- Once the application is submitted, an Admissions Representative will be in contact.
- Pay $75 registration fee.
- Then, the Admissions Office will complete the registration request and send you an official schedule.
Each student needs to purchase over-the-ankle boots with a safety toe (not a steel toe) and midsole shank. If in doubt about what boot to purchase, wait until JumpStart to visit with faculty.
Southeast Technical College's Telecommunications Tower Technician certificate is a Bring Your Own Laptop (BYOL) program. You may purchase a laptop on your own or from the Southeast Tech Support Center.
News About the Program