Personal Hygiene, Self Care and Prevention
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, using the restroom or blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing or before and after eating.
- Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not readily available. Hand sanitizer must contain at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Coughing and Sneezing
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or cough/sneeze into the inside of your elbow during those times when wearing a face mask/covering is not required (private settings).
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Wash hands immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Monitor Your Symptoms
Monitor individual health daily by taking your temperature and answering these questions:
- Take temperature (must be 100.4 degrees or less to come to campus.)
- Any known recent exposure to COVID-19?
- Any cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing?
- Any chills, muscle aches?
- Any sore throat, headache or diarrhea?
- Any loss of taste or smell?
If yes, to any of these, STAY HOME and follow the “IF SICK” information.