You are most likely aware that the new Coronavirus (COVID-19) has spread to countries outside of China. Southeast Tech, along with local and state health agencies, are closely monitoring this situation based on reports from reputable resources, and I want to keep you fully informed.
As of today, there have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in South Dakota. However, because this an evolving situation, we will continue to monitor the outbreak and provide updated information as it becomes available.
At present, we are not suggesting any changes in our operations and will continue to conduct business as we normally would. Coronavirus is not the only virus that can cause significant illness. Information on best practices and steps to take to protect yourself can be found on the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website at https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/han00427.asp. Some of these best practices include:
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash hands with soap and warm water or hand sanitizer every time you cough or sneeze.
- Clean commonly used items, such as phone, keyboards, doorknobs, light switches, etc.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Get your flu shot.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you.
Bob Griggs, President