Dr. Vande Kamp is the Eastern South Dakota Perkins Consortium Director. She provides Career and Technical Education (CTE) vision and guidance to over 25 school districts in Eastern South Dakota while closely working with the South Dakota Department of Education (SD DOE). Together, they implement long-term planning for the consortium and ensure all federal, state, and local laws are observed with fiscal responsibility to meet specific grant, programmatic requirements and assessments.
She has over 15 years of experience working in higher education and has worked in different areas of private higher education that include admissions, development, the registrar’s office, teaching and administration.
Furthermore, she has experience with co-owning a small retail business, serving on a non-profit jewelry board, organizing mission trips, and actively working with the plant church that she, her husband, and two daughters attend in Sioux Falls (Invitation 605). Sara considers herself a fancy drink enthusiast, and enjoys the outdoors, arranging flowers, and traveling to see friends and family.
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Interdisciplinary Program in Leadership, Creighton University, Omaha, Neb. – Fall
- Chairs: Dr. Leah Georges and Dr. Joseph Hare
- Dissertation: Perceptions of Shared Responsibility in Academic Advising: A Qualitative Study of Students and Faculty
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), University of Sioux Falls (USF), Sioux
Falls – May 2011
- Advisor: Dr. Rebecca Murdock
- Application Project: Why Are Students Leaving: A Case Study of Student Retention Efforts
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - Marketing Emphasis, University of Sioux Falls (USF), Sioux Falls – December 2007