Class A CDL Requirements
Individuals wishing to enroll in the Class A CDL program must posses and/or provide the following:
- A completed registration form.
- $150 non-refundable registration fee.
- A completed disclosure and release form.
- A current valid driver’s license.
- A High School diploma or GED from an accredited school in the USA. If this is not available you must successfully complete an entrance exam. This exam is given at no cost to you.
- A copy of a current DOT physical.
- A negative Pre-employment DOT drug screen completed within 30 days of the first day of training. The required forms are available at most hospitals and clinics. The cost of the DOT physical/drug screening is the student’s responsibility. See the Drug Testing Requirements and providers available in Sioux Falls at the end of the packet.
- A Commercial Driver’s Instructional Permit. To obtain a Commercial Driver’s Instructional Permit, the following DOT tests are required: General Knowledge; Air Brakes; Combination Vehicles. Copies of the Commercial Driver’s Handbook are available free of charge at any DOT testing station.
- Driving tests will be given in South Dakota only. If you hold a driver’s license from another state, please check with us for available options.