Computer programmers take the vision of software developers and engineers and turn it into instructions that computers can follow. With a foundation in Java programming language, you can create user-friendly interfaces that enhance software solutions; use analysis and logic in your software development workflows; and create Java desktop and web apps that read, write and modify data in an object.
Energize your career. A certificate in Java Programming from Southeast Tech gives you the skills to create software programs for business users and other professionals. Your coursework will enhance your knowledge base in the Java programming language so you can:
- Collaborate with software developers
- Update existing programs
- Test/debug code
- Use code libraries
- Write new programs
Advantages to a Java Programming certificate
Java Programming at Southeast Tech offers these advantages:
- Gives those already in the industry a career boost
- Lets undergrad or dual-credit student explore new field
- Focuses learning on a new programming language
Why Study Java Programming at Southeast Tech
During your programming training in Sioux Falls, you will learn Java’s syntax, data, memory and control structures; utilize IBM’s WebSphere for Java applications; create web-based object oriented programming apps; and create problem-solving programs for today’s business issues.
Your coursework also helps you:
Demonstrate Professionalism / Communication: Working with STI’s faculty, you will gain confidence in researching and giving presentations, using appropriate computer terminology and exhibiting ethical behavior.
Enhance Your Critical Thinking Skills: You will demonstrate problem analysis, logic design, and program development skills for Java business apps.
The Extended Learning Advantage: As an IT technician, you will benefit from membership in professional organizations and pursuing other professional development and training opportunities.
The Dual-Credit Advantage: A Java Programming certificate would be a tool for an existing undergraduate or dual-credit student to explore a new field.
What can you do with your STI degree
Programmers find careers in a wide range of industries, including education, manufacturing, software publishing, finance and insurance, and computer system design.
Southeast Tech’s curriculum for a Java Programming certificate totals 12 credits, including classes in Intro to Java, Intro to Databases, and Advanced Object Oriented Programming.
- CIS 130 - Introduction to Programming - 3 Credit Hours
- CIS 149 - Introduction to Java - 3 Credit Hours
- CIS 194 - Introduction to Databases - 3 Credit Hours
- CIS 249 - Advanced Object-Oriented Programming - 3 Credit Hours
- Complete the Southeast Tech application.
- Select "Non-Degree Seeking" when asked "What kind of student are you?"
- Once the application is submitted, an Admissions Representative will be in contact.
- Pay $75 registration fee.
- Then, the Admissions Office will complete the registration request and send you an official schedule.
CostCosts for this program are calculated based on a charge of $248 per credit hour, plus applicable fees. Financial Aid is not available for this certificate.
Want to know more? Request information about Southeast Tech from the admissions office.
Other Programs Related to Java Programming
If you’re interested in an IT career, you might also be interested in these other programs at Southeast Tech:
Southeast Technical Institute's Java Programming program requires students to purchase a Southeast Tech laptop from the IT Support Center.