Are you already in the computer industry or a related field? Southeast Technical College's Network Support certificate adds to your skills in network cabling and troubleshooting as well as instructing you on IP addressing, subnetting networks, and working with the Cisco IOS file system. This coursework might be the change you need to put you on a path toward a career in System Administration or Network Administration.
A Network Support certificate from Southeast Tech gives you the skills to:
Troubleshoot system problems
- Navigate the Cisco IOS file system Understand DHCP, NAT and STP protocols
- Use IP addressing and subnetting networks
- Perform network cabling
- Utilize compatible computer operating systems
- Know computer construction, troubleshooting and wiring
- Understand the OSI model
- Work with switching VLANs
- Know frequencies, bandwidth and throughput
The Network Support program at Southeast Tech offers these advantages:
- Gives those already in the industry a career boost
- Lets undergrad or dual-credit student explore new field
- Offers people already in industry skills toward network administrator position
Funding for this certificate may be available to individuals affected by a COVID-19 job loss.
Why Study Network Support at Southeast Tech
During your IT training in Sioux Falls, you will learn the troubleshooting skills and technical proficiency necessary to solve a problem using computer programs as well as the ability to determine work-around solutions in time-sensitive situations. Your STC certificate also helps you:
Demonstrate Professionalism / Communication: Working with STC’s faculty, you will gain confidence in outlining new technologies to inform users, writing manuals on operating systems and upgrades, and documenting operational statuses.
Enhance Your Critical Thinking Skills: You will become adept at safe working practices with computers and other equipment.
The Dual-Credit Advantage: A network support certificate would be a tool for an existing undergraduate or dual-credit student to explore a new field.
What can you do with your STC degree
Network Support technicians find careers in a wide range of industries, including education, manufacturing, software publishing, finance and insurance, and computer system design.
Southeast Tech’s Network Support curriculum totals 16 credits, including classes in Intro to Networking, Routers and WANs, and Wireless Data Communications.
- CIS 171 - Introduction to Networking 4 Credit Hours
- CIS 187 - Routers and WANs I 4 Credit Hours
- CIS 285 - Wireless Data Communications 4 Credit Hours
- CIS 288 - Routers and WANs II 4 Credit Hours
- Complete the Southeast Tech application.
- Select "Non-Degree Seeking" when asked "What kind of student are you?"
- Once the application is submitted, an Admissions Representative will be in contact.
- Pay $75 registration fee.
- Then, the Admissions Office will complete the registration request and send you an official schedule.
CostCosts for this program are calculated based on a charge of $249 per credit hour, plus applicable fees. Federal Financial Aid is not available for this certificate.
Want to know more? Request information about Southeast Tech from the admissions office.
Network Administration Instructor
Technology Center 107
Other Programs Related to Network Support
If you’re interested in becoming a Network Support specialist, you might also be interested in these other IT programs at Southeast Tech:
Southeast Technical College's Network Support Certificate program is a Bring Your Own Laptop (BYOL) program. You may purchase a laptop on your own or from the Southeast Tech Support Center.