SOUTHEAST TECH FEDERAL SCHOOL CODE: 008285
Southeast Tech's Financial Aid department has a team of financial aid experts available to assist you in searching for your best financing options. Currently, our staff is finalizing students’ aid for the Fall 2018/Spring 2019 Semesters. We understand you may have questions for us, and we are here to help you through the process.
During August - HOW TO REACH FINANCIAL AID STAFF:
1. Visit Us In Person for Immediate Assistance – For immediate assistance, visit us on campus (Building #1). We are accepting walk-in appointments on a first-come, first-served basis during office hours. Allow yourself ample time for a visit, as there may be a wait depending on the volume of traffic.
Monday: 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
2. Our Response Time to Email Messages – Because of the volume of emails and walk-in traffic that we receive throughout August, we will return email messages in the order they are received. This may take up to three business days. Again, we encourage you to visit us on campus for the fastest service.
3. Online Resources Available – We encourage you to utilize our online resources, as the answers to your questions may be available.
Bookstore charges – May I charge my books to estimated financial aid?
To View your Course and Fee Statement (Bill):
- Log in to STInet using your STI username and password.
- Click on the "Student" tab.
- Click on "Student Finances" on the left side.
- Click on “Business Office” on the left side.
- Click on “Course and Fee Statement” on right side.
- Click on “Generate Course and Fee Statement.”
- Click on “View Course and Fee Statement.”
- A positive balance at the bottom means you still have an outstanding balance. Work with the Business Office to make a payment or contact the Financial Aid Office for additional sources of aid to consider, if needed.
- A negative balance (also known as a credit balance) at the bottom means you have accepted more financial aid than your bill for the semester. The Bookstore is able to see your current balance. A credit balance can typically be used to purchase books the week before classes start and the first week of each semester (AUGUST 13-24, 2018). Contact the Bookstore to confirm when a credit balance can be used.
- Remember that all costs and aid shown on your Course and Fee Statement are estimates only until after the add/drop period has completed and actual enrollment and eligibility has been finalized. Changes in your schedule can affect the aid for which you are eligible.
There are four basic methods of financing your education:
- Grants (generally do not require repayment)
- External Scholarships and Southeast Tech Foundation Scholarships (generally do not require repayment)
- Loans (require repayment)
- Federal Work-Study (employment on campus)
Steps to complete to apply for Financial Aid:
Apply for FSA ID
Complete the FAFSA Form
Steps to complete after awarded Financial Aid:
Complete your Entrance Counseling and/or Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
Login to STInet to Review and Complete Financial Aid Acceptance
Student > My Financial Aid > STI Financial Aid Acceptance
View or download the Glossary of Document Tracking Terms.
Financial Aid FAQ's
Federal Student Aid
Guide to Financial Aid
National Student Loan Data System