At Southeast Tech, attending an Academic Advising and Registration (AAR) Day is required of all new students. Because colleges and universities have been asked to refrain from hosting campus events to help control COVID-19, we are moving our April 24 AAR session to a LIVE, online event. Our May 15 and June 12 sessions will be hosted on campus.
We remain committed to finalizing your registration on time so you’re prepared for the Summer and Fall Semesters. Sign up to attend our LIVE, Virtual AAR today or plan to attend our on-campus May or June sessions to secure your spot at Southeast Tech!
Complete the Two-Step Process
If you are a current Southeast Tech student and have attended an AAR Day in the past, you do not need to attend again. Instead, please contact your academic advisor to register for fall classes.
Pay registration fee
Pay your $75 non-refundable Registration Fee on our secure CASHnet site using your student ID and password.
Register for AAR
Complete the AAR registration form and select your Academic Advising and Registration session. Your spot for AAR Day will not be confirmed until both steps have been completed.
On AAR Day
During THE aPRIL 24 VIRTUAL event, you will:
- Meet your Student Success Advisor.
- Learn about student support services dedicated to your success.
- Hear from our Financial Aid Director, and learn about loans and payment plan options.
- Discover our Bookstore: it's where you'll buy books and supplies required for your classes.
- After attending the event, we will finalize your class schedule and enroll you for Summer and/or Fall 2020.
- You will also be invited to access online resources only available to enrolled students.
- We will also mail you the following: your degree audit, your class schedule, any “test-out” forms you may need to complete and the handouts we’ll go over with you during the live event.
TYPICAL SCHEDULE for on-campus aar
|1 p.m.||Opening General Session|
|2 p.m.||Advising Sessions with Academic Programs|
|3 p.m.||Finalize Schedules with Student Success Advisors|
DURING AAR, YOU WILL
- Register for classes.
- Meet faculty in your program who will advise you about your course of study.
- Meet your Student Success Advisor and finalize your class schedule.
- Attend an Information Session designed for parents and families.
- Get your official Student I.D.
- Meet with Financial Aid and Business Office staff about loans and payment plan options.
- Learn about campus resources dedicated to your success.
- Learn about the Bookstore, it's where you'll get books and supplies.
- Tour campus.
- Enjoy lunch at Paavo's, our campus Pizza & Grill.
WHAT TO BRING
- Government issued picture ID (e.g., Driver's License or ID Card)
- Outstanding Financial Aid paperwork
- Placement Scores - Send in your ACT or SAT scores, if you haven't already done so. Depending on your program and scores provided, you may be asked to complete the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER. If you need to take this exam, sign up online.