By 2025, Southeast Technical College will ensure academic excellence through continuous assessment and strengthening of academic programs and recruiting, supporting, and retaining innovative faculty.
Enhance a dynamic, diverse academic environment.
- Promote innovative teaching and learning practices.
- Engage students in active, experiential, and service-learning opportunities.
- Offer alternative learning formats and delivery techniques with an emphasis on expanding student access.
- Design and implement a recruitment plan for diverse faculty.
Invest in faculty.
- Develop a salary plan for faculty and allocate financial resources that support the prioritization of retaining high-caliber faculty.
- Invest in ongoing faculty professional development with a focus on engaging students through high-impact learning strategies and multimodal delivery.
- Support a “Experience in Your Specialty Day” where all faculty will be required yearly to spend one, 8-hour day with industry partners immersed in their specialty (outside of their current work – if they are currently working in their field).
Commit to continuous improvement of academic programs.
- Evaluate programs yearly to identify the need for expansion, support, redesign, or phaseout, to ensure quality academic programs.
- Achieve (re)accreditation of applicable professional programs.
- Refine PLOs (program learning outcomes) to encompass educational and occupational goals using employer feedback and industry trends.
- Improve access to pathways for further education and workforce development opportunities.
Promote exceptional, innovative teaching.
- Encourage pedagogical instruction and mentoring in new faculty on-boarding with a programmatic emphasis.
- Train and support faculty to meet the needs of a diverse student population.
- Improve systematic recognition of excellence in teaching and service institution wide.
- Refine expectations for faculty excellence in teaching and service that inform faculty evaluations and promotion/merit increases.