Construction is a high-need field and with one of three construction certificates available at Southeast Tech, students can refine and update their skills in a specific area of interest. These certificates are stackable, and all coursework counts towards the Construction Management associate degree.
Learn the principals of commercial construction projects with a Commercial Construction Certificate from Southeast Tech. Whether you are a student looking to explore a new career area, or already in the industry and wish to specialize and refine your skills, you can do it over the course of four, 2-credit classes.
- CMT 121 - Commercial Construction Techniques - 2 Credit Hours
- CMT 121L - Commercial Construction Techniques Lab - 2 Credit Hours
- CMT 122 - Civil Construction Techniques - 2 Credit Hours
- CMT 122L - Civil Construction Techniques Lab - 2 Credit Hours
Already a part of the construction industry? Wishing to update and refine your skills? Consider a General Construction Certificate from Southeast Tech. Five classes provide the essential basic skills needed to enter the construction field.
- DT 102 - Print Reading for Construction - 2 Credit Hours
- CMT 101 - Construction Basics - 1 Credit Hour
- CMT 101L - Construction Basics Lab - 2 Credit Hours
- CMT 110 - Construction Equipment - 1 Credit Hour
- CMT 110L - Construction Equipment Lab - 1 Credit Hour
Learn the fundamentals of residential home construction with Southeast Tech’s Residential Construction Certificate. This certificate allows individuals in the construction industry the opportunity to update and refine their skills, and undergraduates and dual credit students can explore a new area of interest in the construction field.
- CMT 120 - Residential Construction Techniques - 3 Credit Hours
- CMT 120L - Residential Construction Techniques Lab - 5 Credit Hours
- Complete the Southeast Tech application.
- Select "Non-Degree Seeking" when asked "What kind of student are you?"
- Once the application is submitted, an Admissions Representative will be in contact.
- Pay $75 registration fee.
- Then, the Admissions Office will complete the registration request and send you an official schedule.
Want to know more? Request information about Southeast Tech from the admissions office.
Wood Center 253
Programs Related to Construction Certificates
Want to keep working toward a degree? Southeast Tech’s construction certificates build into an associate degree in Construction Management.
Southeast Technical Institute's Construction Certificates program is a Bring Your Own Laptop (BYOL) program. You may purchase a laptop on your own or from the Southeast Tech Support Center.