Home > Admissions
This is your time to make things happen. For your career, and for your future. So you deserve the most individualized experience possible when it comes to the education and training that will prepare you to achieve your distinctive career goals. At Southeast Tech, that’s exactly what you’ll get.
Because there’s no time, like Tech time.
Ready to begin your journey? Follow these steps to enroll:
1. Apply for Admission
Complete an Application for Admission. Southeast Tech accepts high school graduates or students over the age of 16 with a completed GED.
2. Submit your Transcripts
High School: Request your official high school transcript or GED certificate be sent to Southeast Tech. If your high school records are listed under a different name, have the high school place your current name on the transcript. Still in high school? No worries, send us your partial transcript for now, and we’ll request an official one once you’ve graduated. Download the High School/College Transcript Form.
- If you have received or will be receiving a “modified” high school transcript, please contact the Admissions Office to verify that your modified high school transcript will meet Southeast Tech’s admissions requirements. Each situation will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- High school transcripts and diplomas from other countries are acceptable toward the student eligibility general requirements, as long as, the diploma is equivalent to a United States high school diploma. In order to determine the equivalency, students would need to complete a transcript evaluation from a reputable organization. We currently accept transcript evaluations from ECE, WES, NAEG, Evaluation Services, Inc. and any evaluation services listed on the NACES member list. If college credit has been obtained in a foreign country, ECE is only acceptable organization Southeast Tech will award transfer credit.
College: If you are transferring in from another college, request your official college transcript be sent directly to Southeast Tech. Students need to submit a stamped, official college transcript directly to Southeast Tech in a sealed envelope in order for transfer credit to be evaluated. Official college transcripts that have been opened by the student and delivered to Southeast Tech are no longer deemed official.
3. Submit Test Scores
Send in your ACT or SAT scores or talk to your Admissions Specialist about taking the Next-Generation Accuplacer exam.
4. Complete Additional Program Requirements
Complete any additional steps that are required for your program. Refer to your program applicant checklist. Examples include: Background checks and drug screens, additional immunization records and safety tests.
Once you are accepted, take your next steps following the Accepted Student Checklist.
Additional Enrollment Information
Our goal in Admissions is to make sure your questions are answered, your experience is memorable, and you are confident in the career path you've chosen. If you need some help deciding which major is the best fit, take our Career Exploration Assessment or talk with one of our Admissions Specialists.
Meet Our Admissions Specialists
As one of the first people you meet, the Admissions staff will become your advocate during your college selection and enrollment process. Your Admissions Specialist can answer your questions about applying to Southeast Tech, campus life, and more!
Scott has been with Southeast Tech since 1999. serving as an Admissions Representative. He visits high schools in South Dakota west of Interstate-29 as well as assisting students in the office. Scott earned his bachelor's degree in criminal justice from Dakota Wesleyan University, and prior to Southeast Tech had a career in law enforcement with the South Dakota Division of Criminal Investigation. The program areas Scott specializes in are:
• Engineering Technology Programs
• Horticulture Programs
• Information Technology Programs
• Industrial Programs
• Law Enforcement Science
• Mechatronics Technology
• Transportation Programs
To contact Scott, email Scott.Dorman@southeasttech.edu or call 605.367.4458.
As a graduate of Southeast Tech, Shannon has worked in Admissions since 2010. She is an Admissions Representative and Applications Processor for the Admissions Office. She is in the office while other recruiters are traveling, but also travels to Sioux Falls high schools and the surrounding areas herself.
Shannon is knowledgeable in all programs at Southeast Tech.
To contact Shannon, email Shannon.Furth@southeasttech.edu or call 605.367.5758.
Amanda has worked at institutions in California, Iowa and South Dakota. She is originally from Phoenix and has family ties to Sioux Falls. She received her B.A. in Business/Marketing from Concordia University in Irvine, Calif., and her master's. in College Counseling and Student Development from Azusa Pacific University In Azusa, Calif. She enjoys being a part of the Southeast Tech Admission staff and is looking forward to working with you! The program areas that Amanda specializes in are:
• Business Programs
• Cardiac Ultrasound Technology
• Diagnostic Medical Sonography
• Early Childhood
• ElectroNeuroDiagnostic Technology
• Invasive Cardiovascular Technology
• Medical Coding
• Vascular Ultrasound Technology
To contact Amanda, email Amanda.Schuette@southeasttech.edu or call 605.367.5674.
Joe is an Admissions Specialist and Recruiter for Southeast Tech. Born and raised in Sioux Falls, he recently returned home after serving in the U.S. Navy for nearly a decade. Joe is a recent graduate of Southeast Tech having earned a degree in Business Administration with a Management emphasis. As a graduate of Washington High School, Joe is proud to be a Southeast Tech alumnus and is excited to have the opportunity to share his experience with others. He can help students interested in any program, but specializes in these programs:
• Digital Media Production Technology
• Graphic Media Design Technology
• Healthcare Leadership
• Healthcare Office Specialist
• Licensed Practical Nursing
• Pharmacy Technician
• Phlebotomy Technician
• Registered Nurse
• Surgical Technology
To contact Joe, email Joseph.Weber@southeasttech.edu or call 605.367.6114.