Home > Admissions
This is your time to make things happen. For your career, and for your future. So you deserve the most individualized experience possible when it comes to the education and training that will prepare you to achieve your distinctive career goals. At Southeast Tech, that’s exactly what you’ll get.
Because there’s no time, like Tech time.
Our goal in Admissions is to make sure your questions are answered, your experience is memorable, and you are confident in the career path you've chosen. If you need some help deciding which major is the best fit, take our Career Exploration Assessment or talk with one of our Admissions Specialists.
Ready to begin your journey? Follow these steps to enroll:
- Complete an Application for Admission. Southeast Tech accepts high school graduates or students over the age of 16 with a completed GED.
- Apply for financial aid by filling out the free FAFSA application at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Head over to the Financial Aid page for an extensive list of financial FAQs to answer any questions you may have.
- Request your official high school/college transcript or GED certificate be sent to Southeast Tech. If your high school records are listed under a different name, have the high school place your current name on the transcript. Still in high school? No worries, send us your partial transcript for now, and we’ll request an official one once you’ve graduated. Download the High School/College Transcript Form.
- Send in your ACT scores or talk to your Admissions Specialist about taking the Accuplacer exam.
- Complete any additional program requirements for your major.
- After acceptance to Southeast Tech, submit your immunization information. Information about immunizations can be found here. If you are not able to receive the required MMR immunizations due to medical or religious reasons, you may choose to complete the Exemption Form and return it to the Admission Office.
- Once you’re accepted, you'll receive an invitation in the mail to register for an Academic Advisement and Registration (AAR) event to get enrolled in your classes, meet your advisors, get your official Student ID card, and learn about the different student activities and resources available to our students! If you have any questions about AAR, you can call the Student Success Center at 605.367.7466.
Have questions for the Business Office or another department? Find Student Resources here.
Additional Enrollment Information
As one of the first people you meet, the Admissions staff will become your advocate during your college selection and enrollment process. Your Admissions Specialist can answer your questions about applying to Southeast Tech, campus life, and more!
Scott has been with Southeast Tech since 1999 serving as an Admissions Representative. He visits high schools in South Dakota west of Interstate 29 as well as assisting students in the office. Scott earned his bachelors degree in Criminal Justice from Dakota Wesleyan University and prior to Southeast Tech had a career in law enforcement with the South Dakota Division of Criminal Investigation. The program areas Scott specializes in are:
• Electronics Technology
• Engineering Technology Programs
• Horticulture Programs
• Information Technology Programs
• Industrial Programs
• Law Enforcement Science
• Mechatronics Technology
• Transportation Programs
To contact Scott, email Scott.Dorman@southeasttech.edu or call 605.367.4458.
As a graduate of Southeast, Shannon has worked in Admissions since 2010. She is an Admissions Representative and Applications Processor for the Admissions Office. She is in the office while other recruiters are traveling, but also travels to the Sioux Falls high schools and the surrounding areas herself.
Shannon is knowledgeable in all programs at Southeast Tech.
To contact Shannon, email Shannon.Furth@southeasttech.edu or call 605.367.5758.
Amanda has worked at institutions in California, Iowa and South Dakota. She is originally from Phoenix and has family ties to Sioux Falls. She received her B.A. in Business/Marketing from Concordia University in Irvine, CA and her M.S. in College Counseling and Student Development from Azusa Pacific University In Azusa, CA. She enjoys being a part of the Southeast Tech Admission staff and is looking forward to working with you! The program areas that Amanda specializes in are:
• Business Programs
• Cardiac Ultrasound Technology
• Diagnostic Medical Sonography
• Early Childhood
• ElectroNeuroDiagnostic Technology
• Invasive Cardiovascular Technology
• Medical Coding
• Vascular Ultrasound Technology
To contact Amanda, email Amanda.Schuette@southeasttech.edu or call 605.367.5674.
Joe is an Admissions Specialist and Recruiter for Southeast Tech. Born and raised in Sioux Falls, he recently returned home after serving in the U.S. Navy for nearly a decade. Joe is a recent graduate of Southeast Tech having earned a degree in Business Administration with a Management emphasis. As a graduate of Washington High School, Joe is proud to be a Southeast Tech alumnus and is excited to have the opportunity to share his experience with others. He can help students interested in any program, but specializes in these programs:
• Digital Media Production Technology
• Graphic Media Design Technology
• Healthcare Leadership
• Healthcare Office Specialist
• Licensed Practical Nursing
• Pharmacy Technician
• Phlebotomy Technician
• Registered Nurse
• Surgical Technology
To contact Joe, email Joseph.Weber@southeasttech.edu or call 605.367.6114.